As concern grows over the coronavirus (COVID-19), we at ACM are monitoring the situation and following recommendations from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and NYC Department of Health.
As of now the ACM School of Music remains open though we are offering online lessons for those who prefer that.
The Sound of Silent Film Festival will continue as a Live streamed event on March 28. Please consider buying a ticket to support our musicians!
We are implementing recommended sanitation procedures and making sure that ACM teachers and staff are trained and equipped to help keep the ACM community safe and healthy.
The measures we are taking in the ACM School of Music to ensure everyone’s safety include:
• Sanitizing doorknobs, door handles, pianos and other commonly touched areas at the schools multiple times throughout each day.
• Hand sanitizer in every room at all ACM locations.
• Information about proper hand washing and supplies in restrooms.
• Teachers and students are encouraged to keep a safe distance during lessons and in common areas.
• Teachers, staff and students are asked to wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
• Teachers, staff and students are to stay home if they are feeling under the weather.
If you want to continue supporting us, and the dozens of musicians we employ, please consider making a donation. Small arts organizations like us are extremely vulnerable in these uncertain times and your support is more important than ever before.
Thank you and stay safe!